CaixaImpulse offers up to €100,000 to create and implement a valorisation and commercialisation plan aimed at making use of protected or protectable assets resulting from research.
For the Projects:
- Projects must be aimed at the valorisation and commercialisation of the protected or protectable Assets resulting from research.
- Projects must be related to the areas of Life, Medical and Health Sciences, specifically from the following fields:
- Life Sciences: Biomathematics, Cell biology, Human biology, Biochemistry and Molecular biology, Human physiology, Genetics, Immunology, Microbiology and Neurosciences.
- Medical and Health Sciences: Clinical sciences, Epidemiology, Forensic medicine, Occupational medicine, Internal medicine, Nutritional sciences, Pathology, Pharmacodynamics, Pharmacology, Preventive medicine, Psychiatry, Public health, Surgery and Toxicology.
- Projects may or may not have a patent or utility model pending. If this is not the case, the protection of the asset must be included in the valorisation plan and budget, and the patent or utility model must be requested prior to signing the valorisation agreement.
For the Beneficiary of a Valorisation Grant:
- They must be non-profit legal entities.
- Type of entity: Universities, university foundations, research and transfer centres, technology centres, hospitals, hospital foundations and non-profit institutions whose main activity is research.
- They must be the owner or co-owner of the protected or protectable Assets resulting from the research and subject of the Valorisation Plan.
- One same Beneficiary may complete more than one application provided that they are associated to different protected or protectable Assets resulting from different research projects.
- Established companies are explicitly excluded.
For the Project Leaders:
- Project leaders must be legal person with tertiary qualifications (university graduate, professor or doctor)
- Their exclusive or main dedication to the validation Project, according to the Promoters criteria, for the business idea or transfer to market is required. Project Leader may not be involved in more than one application.
- The Project Leaders may or may not be the leader of the research project that generated the Assets.
- He or she must be connected to the Beneficiary either by statute or employment.